Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Foolek Records Index du Forum -> Foolek Records -> Foolek Records
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 10:10 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so Répondre en citant

ทาง เข้า sbo Colin Doyle left Turkey hoping he does not have to wait another decade or more to collect his third Republic of Ireland cap.

The 32-year-old Bradford goalkeeper started Friday's 1-0 friendly defeat in Turkey, 10 years and 304 days after making his first senior appearance for Ireland against Ecuador in 2007.

Only Alex Stevenson, who went 14 years between caps from 1932 to 1946, has endured a longer lay-off for the Republic, and Doyle is keeping his fingers crossed that the next call comes a little sooner.

"My wife texted me saying that and I saw the little article. I didn't know that until I saw it. It was funny when I saw it," Doyle said following the match.

"I don't think I'll be waiting another 10 years for my next one because I'll be long retired!

"I'm only 32, so for a keeper, they may say that's young. Look, I need to play. Why I wasn't involved years ago was because I was a number two at Birmingham and not playing games.

"You need to be playing and the last three seasons now, I've been playing regular football in the Football League, so I have got back in the squads, which I wanted to do and luckily enough, I got a cap tonight. ทาง เข้า sbo

"It's been a while, it's been over 10 years. You're always proud when you play for your country, but it was bittersweet really because we're disappointed we didn't win the game."

Doyle got the nod in Antalya with No 1 Darren Randolph rested and Keiren Westwood and Rob Elliot both injured.

His single cap was one more than either Ross County's Aaron McCarey or Manchester United's Kieran O'Hara could boast and it was to him that manager Martin O'Neill turned.

Doyle said: "Darren's got the shirt at the moment and he's been fantastic this year - he's definitely been one of the best players in the squad, so there's no reason for him not to play if he's not injured.

"He was rested for this trip to give the others a game, but Westy and Rob were injured, so it was nice to get a game.

"It's a healthy position to be in and hopefully it will continue. Young Kieran [O'Hara] coming through now with the Under-21s, he looks all right as well. He did well over here in training, so it's a healthy spot to be in." ทาง เข้า sbo

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 10:10 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Jeu 19 Avr - 04:03 (2018)    Sujet du message: Neymar dooms Messi and Cristiano's chances of success in the Répondre en citant

ส โบ เบ็ ต The Brazilian ace sees A Canarinha as the best option to win the competition set to be held in Russia next summer. With the Ligue 1 title in the bag, and following PSG's early UEFA Champions League exit, Neymar's main goal will be leading Brazil to another Wor ld Cup title.

Speaking in a private event, Neymar shared his views about the upcoming tournament, where he keeps high hopes of success along one of the most talented generations of footballers in the South American country's history.

"I'm happy to be a part of what I consider to be the best and most talented team in the competition. I see us having a great World Cup," Neymar stated.

When he was asked about the players that could have a huge impact in the tournament's outcome, Neymar named some of his team-mates and talented Premier League footballers, but he failed to mention those who are considered the best players in the world by most: Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. ส โบ เบ็ ต

"I believe that Coutinho and Gabriel Jesus can make a difference, I hope they do. Salah is a player that doesn't belong to a title contender, but I believe he'll do a good job. There are others like Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Luis Suárez that could get their teams to the next level," Neymar added. ส โบ เบ็ ต

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 12:43 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Foolek Records Index du Forum -> Foolek Records -> Foolek Records Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation